Wednesday, August 20, 2008

AUG 20

I did a remix a few weeks ago for these San Francisco guys Cubik and Origami. I tried a few different things with the track before Leo finally brought his MPC over to my studio and helped me knock it out. The original track is dope but it's a very different style than mine so I didn't really know what to do. I took a bunch of sounds I heard in the vocal tracks that sounded percussive and played them like drums underneath the beat. I recorded some vocoder stuff too but only a few pieces of that ended up on the track. I still have a lot of other remixes on the way so we'll see how I do with those (Machinedrum, MuxMool, Nosaj Thing...) I posted this remix on my myspace page but they have an MP3 of it up on the Cubik and Origami media page for free! so go and grab it right now!
Photobucket